Composer and Sound Worker Resources
MUSIC DIRECTORIES, LISTS
artsonor at 6pli.com - this is a really cool portal into the world of new, experimental sound art resources
Center for Contemporay Composers
ARCANA - Artist Research, Composers' Aid and Network Access - FOYER
UNIVERSITIES AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF LEARNING Universities, Music Centres, research institutes, etc.
Audio Engineering Society
Canadian Music Centre
Center for Computer Research in Music (CCRMA)
Center for New Music and Audio Technologies (CNMAT)
Eastman Computer Music Center
Gaudeamus- promotors of contemporary music
McGill Music Library of the Future
University of Birmingham EMS Search “beast” and you’ll find a guide to the Electroacoustic Music Studios at the University of Birmingham
The Birmingham Electroacoustic Sound Theatre (BEAST): live diffusion of electroacoustic music.
ASSOCIATIONS for New Music
- Electronic Music Foundation
- CEC home page
- Luigi Russolo site (the man and The Foundation)
- Northwest Electracoustic Music Organization (NWEAMO)
- The Society for Music Theory
- KEAMS, the Korean Electroacoustic Music Society extensive info on Korean electroacoustic and computer music as well as a link to the recently finished "Seoul International Computer Music Festival 2000"
- World Forum on Acoustic Ecology
JOURNALS and EZINES
- Computer Music Journal - the latest in computer music technology, often very technical, with CD, software, and book reviews
- Leonardo Music Journal
- CODA Magazine - Canadian review of outside, experimental jazz and improvisted music
- LA FOLIA MAGAZINE contemporary music information, CD reviews
- THE ART OF NOISE by Luigi Russolo [in French]
- Organized Sound journal
- EarthEar.com is a central location for CDs, soundscape of the week plus links to acoustic ecology
- AcousticEcology.org is where to go to read about noise pollution, and preserving and enhancing our sonic world.